1/02/2014

New to the Remnant?

One of the most intimidating things you can do is to visit someplace new. A place where you don’t know what to expect, and you don’t know anyone except the person you came with. Honestly, it’s tough being the “new guy.” The initial awkwardness you experience when you walk into a room filled with people you don’t know is to say the least. Not knowing where to sit, when to stand up or sit down, or knowing something as simple as the location of the restroom can make you feel even more disconnected. If that wasn’t enough, you may even begin to sweat, may be a little anxious, and you’re pretty sure everyone is looking at you and probably thinking, Where’d that weirdo come from? So, you may look for the nearest exit or head for the corner in the back to find a spot.

I know the feeling; I was once the “new guy” too. I’m familiar with the awkward moments and conversations. I know the challenge of trying to remember everyone’s name. I even wondered if anyone would've remembered me, or even noticed me, or even cared. If you knew where I am now, you will be surprised to see how a “new guy” such as myself turned out to be. I’ve jumped right in and it’s been quite a ride—a life changing one. I've discovered, as you will too, many lives are being changed through the Remnant. They are real, helpful, honest, loving and patient. If you wondered like I did if they noticed or even cared, they really do. In fact, we don’t even know you, but we already love you. You’re important and we have a place for you. So, I encourage you to connect, jump in, and experience this life changing journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment